Our current shop in Clarkston Road was opened in 1964 by Ella Bulloch, an inspirational, pioneering business woman. She had a terrific sense of fun, a total enthusiasm for life and was so elegant, usually dressed in her signature black and white.
Having started in the millinery business in 1927 (aged just 14), hats became Ella's lifelong passion. She had a great eye for on-trend styles before that term was invented and her shop was well known for its eye-catching window displays, something we carry on to this day. Ella adored listening to her customers' stories and helping them choose the style which was just right for them, whatever the occasion.
Ella lived life to the full until just weeks short of her 105th birthday in 2018. Here at her shop we are proud to carry on her legacy - all who knew her will understand that Ella would not have it any other way!!